Shopify is a great platform for eCommerce sellers who want to showcase their wares on a website which looks stunning, yet requires minimum effort to execute. This is the premise that Shopify was built on, yet one step before you can finish setting up your online retail business, you will need to choose a Shopify theme for your store. Themes are uber important as they are the front end of your sales process and are responsible for the UX or user experience your customer has when shopping with you online. It is simple –
- If the shopping experience is positive, there is a high chance that they will become a repeat customer.
- If the experience is a negative one, chances are that you will be losing their business forever!
According to Forbes magazine:
‘A good user experience possesses the potential to increase conversion rates by a staggering 400%!’
Design which is an integral part of the user experience has the power to increase;
- CTR or Click Through Rate
- Conversion Rates
- As well as decreasing bounce rates
That is why it is extremely important to choose your Shopify theme wisely but there are a variety of Shopify theme options as well as template providers which is why I decided to write this article. Here I will help you understand:
- What Shopify themes are currently on offer ?
- The advantages and disadvantages of Shopify themes
- What free shopify themes currently exist.
- The main differences between free Shopify themes offered by Envato, Shopify and themeforest.